Monday, May 17, 2010

Amid the Chaos, the Beauty of an Erupting Volcano

Iceland, Eyjafjallajökull - May 1st and 2nd, 2010 from Sean Stiegemeier on Vimeo.

I hadn't seen this until today (courtesy of Edie at The Little Red Tent, and Americablog), but what a beautiful visual of what's happening at Eyjafjallajökull. It's always a shame when natural events cause serious problems for human society, but volcanoes and other geological processes are also a source of wonder. I don't have much else to say, except great job, Sean!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes that's pretty. Here's one of geologists that one commenter said "like moths to a flame"

http://www.maniacworld.com/Too-Close-to-a-Volcano.html

parclair

Helena Mallonee said...

That is some really stunning footage. I'm pretty sure I had my jaw dropped the whole time.