Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Snapshot for a Sunday: The World in Water Droplet

I recall the series-ending episode for "St. Elsewhere" quite a few years ago (remember Denzel Washington, Howie Mandel, and Mark Harmon?), where the whole series turned out to be the imaginings of an autistic child. He was staring at a snow-globe, and his father was saying "I wonder what he sees in there?". A lot of people complained about it, and some with long memories warned that "Lost" had better not end that way. They are arguing now whether it happened that way or not...

Anyway, here is a Sunday Snapshot for your pleasure and consideration. The world in a drop of water. Where did I take it??

No prize for first place except for accolades, and oohs and ahhs from your fellow readers....

5 comments:

Erik said...

Is that El Capitan reflected in the drop?

Lockwood said...

@Erik: Refracted, but yeah, that was my guess. Either that or early morning light on Mt. Whitney from the Lone Pine-Alabama Hills area. It doesn't quite look right for that latter though. And given Ron's recent excursions it wouldn't surprise me if this was Hetch Hetchy. I haven't been there, so I don't think I'd recognize it.

Silver Fox said...

I would guess El Capitan (having been prompted by Erik), with Half Dome barely visible in the background.

Or maybe *we're* all seeing things.

Gaelyn said...

I don't know where it is, but I like it.

parclair said...

Looking east in Yosemite toward Half-dome. Cool pic.