Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Storm's Aftermath

My program of allowing my trees to "self-prune" worked like a charm in yesterday's Pacific storm, which combined a typhoon with the jet stream. Rainfall records were set all over California, including 21.22 inches in 24 hours at a recording station south of Big Sur. Winds in my neighborhood hit 45-50 mph, and branches and trees came down (newspaper reports are calling it the worst windstorm in 10 years). If I was grouching at all about having to get up and cut up fallen branches in my yard (above), I was immediately cured when I walked around my corner and saw what happened to my neighbor...


1 comment:

Lockwood said...

Wow! I was feeling grouchy about the wind rattling my windows and doors early this morning... I think your storm is now moving into Oregon, but without much of the moisture. 19.5 inches in 24 hours is mind boggling.