Thursday, June 27, 2013

Yeah, I'm Still Here (and there, and everywhere): SUPER MOON!

Hey world! I'm still here...and there...and it feels like everywhere, and we are having a great time exploring the geology of the Colorado Plateau. This has been one of our cooler trips ever, with spring-like temperatures (and windstorms), so we are enjoying it as much as possible. Since the last post, we've been to Grand Canyon, Cedar Mesa, Mesa Verde, Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef and lots of other wonders. We are actually just two more days from being home.

I know the SUPER MOON was overblown, as usual, but a full moon rising at Arches National Park is nothing to sneer at. It was gorgeous, and if you want to see it supermoon style, you just up the zoom on the camera, and voila!

A morning or two later, we could watch the moon setting among the Entrada Sandstone cliffs...
Lots of pictures, lots of adventures in geology to talk about. We'll see you in a few days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last picture: Proof positive that our lord inserted obvious artifacts into his world to make us think aliens were here (I see a face, couldn't possibly be my brain tricking me. Nope. No Way.). All us right-thinkers understand he did that to defray imvestigation into hie existence. Yup, that Flying Spaghetti Monster is a tricky deveil. Ramen.

Gaelyn said...

Sorry I missed you at the canyon. Sounds like a great adventure. I was, once again, disappointed in the super moon. Really have to zoom more I guess.