Monday, April 12, 2010

A Change of Subject, and a Request for Help


I have a big change of subject, and I am hoping you will help out. I've got wonderful news that my cousin has found a donor match that may put an end to her battle with leukemia! But the thing is...the donor is NOT a relative, it is a stranger, out there somewhere, a person who volunteered something of themselves. I was slow about joining the National Marrow Donor Program, but I am in now, and I am asking you to become a potential donor too. It's free, it's not hard, and if you are a match, the procedures are not as invasive as you might think. You can save someone's life, someone who is struggling right now, someone with a husband, a wife, children, grandchildren, someone who could have a chance of life because of you. Please consider it!

1 comment:

yosemite faith said...

great post and great reminder. lots of us have thought about it and not taken action.